Friday 18 September 2015

TuesBaes | I AM Cafe , Fluff Bakery (ノ*゜▽゜*)

Finally updating this blog with more current events which have happened ;;

Me, syirah and mae have always said we would go on a tuesbaes date every tuesday after school (Because our tuesday lessons end the earliest) to some cool place to eat but never ever happened until last tuesday ! 

Decided to visit I AM cafe which is situated at the front of Haji Lane which is impossible to miss ! Main reasons this place was chosen was because of the Halal factor thrown in because of syirah. The place wasn't very packed as we visited at a almost late afternoon time but was still filled with people especially tourists !

Me and syirah shared a plate of fish and chips while Mae had some veggie pasta. Because I had just got my braces wire changed, my teeth were aching like shit :(

The fish was really soft so it was no big deal but the chips were a trouble to eat. I think this place is actually pretty average and not worth much hype so I don't really get the super long queues on weekends


AND yes !!! I have finally visited Fluff Bakery ! Had always wanted to visit because the cupcakes look so pretty on instagram and they have some pretty local flavours like Kaya Pandan Cheese and Bandung. Sadly on the day we visited the local flavour was Ondeh Ondeh which I am not a fan of. So I went with the typical Salted Caramel.


I felt the cupcakes were slightly too moist as I prefer my cakes to be more airy instead but the salted caramel core was really yummy !! As we had not eaten the cupcakes on the spot, my salted caramel had toppled over by the time we opened them up to eat and when I took it out of the box, the cupcake was totally detached from the frosting (sad life).

Really hope I can be able to try the other flavours next time without a toppled frosting !!

X
Natale