Wednesday 12 August 2015

south korea day five ◟(◔ั₀◔ั )◞ ༘♡ | teacher kim dumplings , lotte world, lotte mart

Only realised yesterday that I have edited finish my day four photos long time ago and got reminded to do up this post today ;w; it is so so delayed but I am still trying to finish up all my korea posts before anything else

day four was mostly spent at lotte world. why not everland ? 

because honestly everland would have been more enjoyable in terms of rides but everland is mostly outdoor and this day was the coldest day for the entire trip, secondly was because my most recent korea trip had brought me to everland and not lotte so the last time I went to lotte world was in 2002 and thirdly because everland is in yongin which is like a 1hour ride from seoul so I really wanted to visit lotte instead

boarded the train towards jamsil and it was larva themed !! super cute


Mines birthday adverts once we reached the station ! but this was at another exit area ;w;


We didn't go straight to lotte world because we were planning to visit the Teacher Kim (바르다 김선생) to have their dumplings which the triplets (daehan minguk manse) had devoured

I only knew there was the jamsil outlet through the Teacher Kim Facebook page where they upload mini maps of their new outlets { https://www.facebook.com/KimTeacher2013 } but now they have upgraded their website and it is so much easier to find the outlets ;; [link] but you will need some limited korean for this

I had thought the store was a stand alone one like most stores so we spent half the time walking outside in the cold and the wind was so so strong we were literally blown away by it

Finally decided to go into the lotte mall and get help from the information counter and found out it was at the supermarket basement area 

We decided to then get dumplings and some kimbap and min was like telling us how we will not be able to finish 3 baskets of dumplings and cherie told her how daehan minguk and manse ate like 2 baskets each 

Even the ahjumma selling the dumplings was like saying yes HAHAHA



The dumplings were super delicious - my first time having beef dumplings. The filling was super sweet which was pretty different from other dumplings that I have had

Headed on for dessert at soft tree. The trend which has kind of died down in Singapore but soft tree's version was one of the best I have tried. Got the normal honeycomb with soft serve and it was so good

(craving for one right now)

Thank goodness we were indoors or I think my hands would have probably freezed


As we tried navigating our way to lotte world, I was approached by this old ahjumma who asked for directions and used my super limited korean to tell her the exit number as there were signs above with the directions. 

Doing super tourists stuff once we arrived

There wasn't that many people considering it to be a weekday


Cherie trying some step photos for instagram HAHAH was kind of lost because we didn;t know where we were so we just went to ride on random rides 

And the twins and their mom are currently the endorsers for lotte so they were plastered everywhere which was super super cute



Even though we got this map and all, it was kind of useless cause the map is so unreadable

Like we couldn't even locate where we were and all


This was the first thrill ride me and cherie rode on while min waited for us. 

Was kind of scared at first because it has been so long since I had gone on a roller coaster but it was still super fun


There was a mini trick art gallery in lotte world as well so we went in to take a few shots


finally having dippin dots !! missed the days Singapore used to have those mini melt vending machines or outlets selling this type of ice cream 

memories of having it every thursday after study centre at united square, where my grandpa would buy me a cup after having dinner there 

and of course, super touristy photos , just realise i have a photo similar to this where I took it with my mom in 2000

how time flies by


We finally decided to go outdoors because we have not gone to take a look at all ;; since it was already the evening time, most rides have already stopped or either suspended due to the weather

Totally too cold to even take nice photos

since YOLO , me and cherie decided to go ride on a roller coaster outdoor as our last ride

hands were freezing as the wind blew but thinking back it was all worth it

Our roller coaster was an all girls ride and the korean girls behind us were just screaming 씨발 (f*** in korean) the whole time 

In lotte there is also this pororo park but didn't manage to go in since it has a separate fee to it

Just visited the merchandise store to see if there were any cute stuff to buy but left empty handed 



Bye Lotte World !

Headed for dinner at school food, only came about to know this brand through EXO showtime where they had gone to one of its branches for take away

There was a queue going on so we had to wait

Ordered some fusion kimbap along with a spicy rice cake cutlet. The kimbap was super good especially the one with the fish roe

Honestly felt the rice cakes were too spicy for me (honestly all rice cakes in korea are super spicy in my opinion)


Stood at that alleyway for a while to shoot for my vlog while min and cherie went to take some digital photo thing 

Regret not buying anything at A Land because of time constraints ;; really wanted to take a good look inside when I was there for the SM tour.


Lotte mart is almost all the way to the other side of Lotte world and now come to think of it, I really regret going to Lotte mart. Although endorsed by seoeun seojun and you might see most blogs and reviews telling you to visit Lotte Mart, I think E mart might have been a better choice.

I only came to know about E mart after I came back from the trip and realised the sold honey butter chips there and it is really more authentically korean. Lotte mart on my honest opinion has become too tourist friendly and are all trying to appeal more to the tourists which isn't really what I want when I visit a local supermarket.

I would very much rather have a authentic supermarket where I can feel how the locals feel like.


and a Xiumin train advert to end off my post

south korea day one | everysing at incheon intl airport , gangnam yoogane
south korea day two | smtown global package : exolu'xion , smtown@coexartium , children's grand park
south korea day three | kona beans ,k star road,old sm building, exo'luxion day two, dongdaemun design plaza (DDP), lotte fitin
south korea day four | miss lee's cafe, ssamziegil, gyeongbokgong, gwanghwamun, ehwa women's university, hongdae stylenanda flagship store, noryangjin fish market
south korea day six | siloam sauna, namdaemun, myeongdong : spao, jholic, nature republic, kang hodong's baekjeong bbq, music korea
south korea day 7 | kamong, viva polo, smtown@coexartium, myeongdong

X
Natale