Saturday 15 October 2016

Tokyo, Japan 8D7N Day Six: Shibuya - Tower Records, Ichiran, Harajuku - Cafe Kaila

Was awoken by some procession occuring just right outside our airbnb and greeted by this view when I opened our window to take a look. Not sure what festival it was but there was such similar processions all around.


Finally visited like the mini store as we walked to Tokyo station. They sell like Japan snacks and sweets. But no luck with honey butter chips. Only managed to get honey butter chips at the convenience store opposite our airbnb and we sweeped all the remaining packs as well as their UFO.

UFO is really really good !!! Must buy cup noodle in Japan.


The queue at Ichiran was pretty long !! They told us it was like an hour wait or something but not really that long. Maybe around 30-40 mins wait. But we were directed to their other outlet. Came across the other outlet later and it is much bigger and relatively near. But we decided to just stay in the queue for this outlet instead. The stairway is really cram so yea not advised for those carrying loads of crap like the tourist in front of us who were carrying their luggages.


Went over to Tower Records myself to try my luck on EXO's new album. It is located just slightly further down from Ichiran. EXO's album was released like 2-3 days before and since Japan is so near, was sure that it would be available when I visit.

The store outlook was decorated in Boyfriend promos because they just released their Japan single. Why couldn't exo release theirs then T____T


The building has a few levels to it all belonging to Tower Records. K-Pop is located at the 4th level if I do not remember wrongly ! The information of the different levels are stated in the lift so you can just check it out from there.

EXO shelf located at the front but they didnt have the album I was looking for ;;


Just look at the long write ups and deco board they have for Jonghyun. It is so pretty.


AOA Promo Poster placed right outside the Lift area for the KPOP level !

Went back to Ichiran after I managed to get the album ! Caused a slight problem because we were supposed to stay in the queue and it wasn't exactly possible for me to like leave while my other family members stayed in the queue and join them when it was about my turn to come ;; But my dad had already paid for my noodles. :-( but the staff was understanding and managed to solve the issue. SO the lesson learnt is to stay in queue no matter what


Menu which allows you to choose your preference for everything.


Totally surrounded by walls while eating but the ramen was really good !!! The soup was so darn yummy. You can get a top up of noodles if you have enough broth left. You can fold up the side walls if you manage to sit beside your partner.

Story of my album would be that, I didnt actually see the albums on the shelf and was kinda dissapointed and was prepared to go ask the counter about the album but also abit shy because most of the Japanese I have encountered dont really understand English. But then just as I was leaving, I saw two staffs at the side rolling up he Posters for EXACT album and that is when I knew the album is in !!! Asked them and they directed me to the counter and the information counter staff can speak pretty good english! Was asked for my choice of album (Monster/Lucky One and K/M) and she went to the store room to get it.

After going back - I realised something. The staff gave me like two chinese versions instead. The information counter staff had showed me the albums and checked with me if the albums were correct and all. But I totally forgot about the fact that there was Korean and Chinese and the cashier had swapped my Lucky One album with another one at the counter as she had troubles scanning mine and I think she did not know there was a difference in them and swapped my Korean for a Chinese one T_T.


Procession occuring at Shibuya where there was a huge road block and the human traffic was crazy.

Went to the Adidas store in hoping to get some limited edition kicks but didn't see anything terrific and the price wasnt that much of a steal. NMDS were also not out yet so not really much to get


Ariana Ad playing above ABC Mart. Into You was blastin throughout and it got stuck in my head the whole trip.

If you want to get cheaper adidas or any sports brand, check out ABC Mart !!! They sold like superstars much cheaper than the adidas store and cheaper than SG too T__T like $20 cheaper than Singapore.


The other Ichiran outlet is just beside Bershka! Wanted to go check out Bershka because Boa had some shout it out event there before and it was super cool. At the same time, a Boa advert nearby


Dad entrusted me with my mom as we wanted to go over to Harajuku while the rest of the fam went back. Went into some book store in Shibuya before heading over as I wanted to get the ViVi magazine since Chanyeol is featured in it during that month.


Decided to settle on Cafe Kaila after we looked at the map when we were at the train station. Jie had gone on the first day and had told us it was good! So we went for some breakfast tasting dinner.

Got kind of lost as we didn't know Cafe Kaila was located at the Basement of some building. We walked past it and were lost as we didn't have any WiFi to check. So we were leeching on random free WiFi from LV.


Very Hawaii themed even the ceiling but lighting is super on point !!!


Their menu is in the theme of a magazine and you can actually take it back ! They have baskets underneath your chair to put your belongings as well !!


Got Pancakes and Waffles. Pancakes were so darn good and the cream was really light and fluffy and airy !!! Bananas were a little under riped but strawberries were really sweet.

Didn't really fancy the waffles as they were like infused with some coconut or something. Not really my type so had the mom eat more of it while I forced it down with the amazing cream.


Came across Magnolia Bakery just beside the cafe!!! It was so expensive!!! Would have totally gotten a cupcake to try but my mom was saying it was too expensive for one small cupcake and the flavours were pretty limited.


Walked to the prettiest and most aesthetic store in Harajuku  -  Opening Ceremony.


We totally walked on the wrong side of Harajuku. Jie had told us Harajuku had loads of stuff but then all we saw were like just your typical international branded brands. :-( so we walked and walked without buying anything. My mom was slightly scared we were lost as we didn't have wifi and we were like walking further and further away from the train station.

I had intially wanted to go visit the Supreme store but totally couldn't find it at all :-(


The adidas original was pretty aesthetic but didn't go up the the second floor because my mom was sick and tired of going to look at adidas shoes and was not willing to let me buy another pair :-(

Tokyo Day One: Delta Flight, Tokyo Station - Standing Sushi Bar, Calbee+, Ginza
Tokyo Day Two: Disneyland
Tokyo Day Three: DisneySea, Gyu Katsu Motomura
Tokyo Day Four: Gotemba Premium Outlet, Mount Fuji (Fail) 
Tokyo Day Five: Tsukiji Fish Market, Sensoji Temple, Asakusa, Tokyo Sky Tree, Akihabara - Pablo Mini
Tokyo Day Six: Shibuya - Tower Records, Ichiran, Harajuku - Cafe Kaila
Tokyo Day Seven: Pokemon Centre, Moomin Stand Ikebukuro - Bake Cheese Tart Shin-Okubo (Korea Town), Harajuku - Line, Pablo, Shake Shack
Tokyo Day Eight:  Gyu Katsu, Narita Airport, Delta Airlines